Valentine’s Day Breakfast in Bed: Eggs Benedict Two Ways
It’s almost Valentine's Day weekend! Surprise your love and plan a romantic morning together. A simple and beautiful breakfast to impress is Eggs Benedict. From the soft poached egg to the creamy hollandaise sauce, there’s no going wrong with this recipe. The hollandaise sauce we’re sharing is a lot simpler than most and is completely foolproof. All you need is a food processor and warmed butter. Another great sauce for your Eggs Benedict is a slightly spicy, light tomato sauce.
This luxurious breakfast in bed is just the start to the rest of your romantic day. Perhaps the grand finale is taking your sweetheart to Coho Restaurant for their fantastic Valentine’s feast? Dine in or take the romance home to enjoy. Explore the menu here.Hollandaise Sauce
3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 c melted warm butter
1. Place egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt in the food processor. Blend for thirty seconds until combined.
2. With the food processor running, slowly pour melted butter into the food processor until everything is combined and you’re left with a silky, creamy hollandaise sauce.
Spicy Tomato Sauce Ingredients
12 oz can tomato sauce
1 Thai bird chili
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp hot paprika
1. In a small saucepot combine all ingredients. Bring to simmer, simmer for fifteen minutes over medium-low heat.
1. Bring a shallow pan of water to a simmer.
2. One at a time, crack eggs carefully into a measuring cup and slowly tip them into the simmering water.
3. Poach for two to four minutes.
4. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, allowing excess water to drain off.
Assemble Your Eggs Benedict
2 English muffins, cut in half
1/2 c spinach
4 cooked strips of bacon, tomato slices if you prefer a vegetarian option.
4 poached eggs
2 Tbsp of sauce of your choosing
1. Toast your English muffins.
2. Place either bacon or tomato on top of muffin, then add a few spinach leaves.
3. Top each slice with a poached egg and finish with your choice of sauce.