Shrimp Cesar Salad
1# shrimp, cleaned, deveined and peeled
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 c. romaine lettuce
4 Tbsp. Parmesan, grated
1 c. garlic brioche or artisan bread croutons toasted with EVOO and salt
1. Marinate with olive oil, garlic and parsley.
2. Grill shrimp.
Cesar Salad Dressing
4 white anchovy filets, chopped (optional) (1 or 2 reserved for garnish) or anchovy paste
¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 egg yolk (coddled or pasteurized egg)
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
Pepper to taste
1. Emulsify and season to taste.
1. Toss lettuce, croutons and parmesan cheese.
2. Add salad dressing and toss with greens.
3. Place lettuce on plate and add shrimp around lettuce.
4. Garnish with grated parmesan and anchovy.