- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ounce cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts finely
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp lemon peel
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- chocolate sprinkles
- Cream sugar, butter, and cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk.
- Stir in flour, walnuts, salt, and lemon peel.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or over night.
- Shape into 3 x ½ inch logs. Place on ungreased baking sheet or one lined with silicon baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes. Cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave until very soft. Dip ends of logs into melted chocolate and then place on waxed paper sheet. Decorate with sprinkles or jimmies.
- Makes 36-40 cookies.
This was another Christmas cookie that Mom would make. -Anna Maria de Freitas