3 T All purpose flour
3 T whole wheat pastry flour
¼ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
¼ t cinnamon
¼ t nutmeg
¼ t salt
5 T butter
¾ cup of chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds) – I use pecans
½ cup of steel cut oats
4 c. frozen or fresh cranberries
1 c. craisins
1 ¼ c. sugar
¼ c. apple juice
6-8 Granny Smith apples
6-8 Braeburn apples
3 T tapioca
- Place all ingredients except nuts and oats in food processor and process until the consistency of corn meal.
- Add nuts and oats and process just to incorporate.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour or overnight.
- Peel apples and cut into pieces and toss with other ingredients.
- Place in greased ramekins and pour generous amount of topping on each.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-30 minutes until apples are soft and bubbling.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
We have 3 apple trees that force us to be creative with apple based recipes. This is perfect for your holiday table with the addition of cranberries. You can make individual servings in ramekins or put it into a large 13 x 9 casserole dish.